Based on the announcement on Tuesday, January 12, 2021, the Ontario Government has implemented enhanced measures/restrictions and issued an order requiring residents to stay home starting Thursday at 12:01am for the next 28 days.
Ontarians are asked only to leave home for essential trips such as work, groceries and medical appointments.
Here is a summary of what it all entails:
- Outdoor organized public gatherings and social gatherings are further restricted to a limit of five people with limited exceptions
- People are required to wear a mask or face covering in the indoor areas of businesses or organizations that are open. Wearing a mask is now recommended outdoors when you can’t physically distance more that two metres
- All non-essential retail stores, including hardware stores, alcohol retailers, and those offering curbside pickup or delivery, must open no earlier than 7am and close no later than 8pm
- The restricted hours of operation do not apply to stores that primarily sell food, pharmacies, gas station, convenience stores, and restaurants for takeout or delivery
- Non-essential construction is further restricted, including below-grade construction, exempting survey.
For information on the time-limited restrictions and safety measures during the province wide shutdown that came into effect on January 12, 2021, use the button below to access the Government of Ontario document: Enhancing Public Health and Workplace Safety Measures in the Provincewide Shutdown – January 12, 2021.
We draw your attention to page 8 which states: Work from Home Except Where Necessary – each person responsible for a business or organization that is open shall ensure that any person who performs work for the business or organization conducts their work remotely, with limited exception, for instance, where the nature of their work requires them to be on-site at the workplace.
As this time, we encourage you to review your COVID-19 protocols to make sure they are compliance and that everyone is adhering to safety protocols. Visit the Ontario Government website and search for your sector-specific guidelines and protocols.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact us 613-389-8177 or email email@example.com
We are here to support your business!
Temporary Office Closure
Due to the recent government announcement, our team will be working from home and our office will be closed. If you need to contact us, please email us directly or call the office – voicemail messages will be forwarded to our emails.